adv

Sunday 9 June 2013

My Next Line Of Activity After MBGN Is Acting And …—Isabella Ayuk

My next line of  activity after MBGN  is acting and …—Isabella Ayuk
Sultry, effervescent, brilliant, lovable, people-oriented personality are all adjectives used to describe the Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria 2012 (MBGN 2012, Miss Isabella Agbor Ojong Ayuk. In this exclusive telephone interview with OBAJI AKPET, the beauty queen bares herself out on her recent birthday bash at Clay Night club, Abuja, her experience as MBGN queen and her next line of activity in the movie industry with the block buster movie ‘Alok Monument, the pride within’. Excerpt:


YOU recently turned 27, what can you say about it?
You know, it’s been a great day, awesome. It’s added another year to me today. It’s been also a blessing to my life and everyone around me.

How did you celebrate it?
Well, it’s all about the celebration. So I have visited an orphanage home (Hope for Children Orphanage Home). That was like the first thing I did. I also had a body massage, facials and all of that. It’s been all about the celebration so I am trying to pamper myself, you know, and then other activities built for the evening as well will follow.

Where did the celebration take place?
I hung out with friends and family members at Clay Night Club (Abuja).

What can you say about your achievement so far as MBGN Queen?
My achievement, my reign (as Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria) has been wonderful. It has opened so many doors for me. I have been able to affect the lives of the less-privileged, as well as being able to do what I have always wanted to do, like embarking on several campaigns against typhoid fever. Under that my NGO provided free typhoid vaccines to people.

So for my achievements, everything has been good and I thank God for this. I have also been able to set up my own business. So it has been wonderful and a dream come true.

Can you tell me what the experience has been like wearing the Most Beautiful Girl crown?
My experience, well, first of all, I need to let you know that everything that has happened to me in life is an experience. But my experience as the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria has been awesome.

Your days are counting down as the MBGN queen. In no time you shall be handing over the most coveted crown to whoever merits it, what are the preparations for the beauty-studded event?

Eh…, I really don’t know how much to prepare because SilverBird is doing all the preparations, I’m only going to come and do the handing over of the MBGN crown to the most lucky girl. So I’m just waiting for that day. But be that as it may, the 2013 edition is really going to be a spectacular one.

After MBGN, what is going to be Isabella’s next line of activity?
My next line of activities, a lot! I’m just about rounding up my Masters Degree. I hope to also expand my business as well as get involved in a lot of other things that are on the way… I will keep you guys posted.
We’ve been following your updates on Facebook and we have also confirmed this from the producers of the movie, which you are going to part of this year, titled ‘Alok monument, the pride within’; can you give us an insight into the production?

Yes, Alok, the pride within’movie shoot is really going to be an interesting movie; not just interesting but educative too because it is going to showcase a lot about where I am personally from. That is why I am seriously involved in it.

What is your role in the movie?
In the movie, I’m going to play the lead role, which is … (Chuckles) I don’t really want to comment deeply on it because I’m not in the capacity to do so yet.

So what is your preparation like for the movie?
For the movie, cameras will be rolling shortly before I hand over the MBGN crown. As for my preparation to be on set, I just saw the script not long ago. I’m trying to put myself into my character in the script, so we can come out with something very good that Nigerians will like.

You are treading the same path as former MBGN queen Regina Askia. What is your major push into acting?
It’s not like acting is one of my thing, the producers of the movie just came to me and they were like, “oh we went to Cross River State Tourism Bureau” and when they read the story, they told them to look for me, that I will be the righ person to play the role, since I am from there and I have an idea about the Alok monument story. So I am just giving it a try. Acting, in the real sense of it, has never been part of me, so let’s see how it goes.

After this role, are we to expect more of you in the Nigerian movie industry?
Definitely, I hope so, but first of all let’s see how good I will be in this.

Apart from acting, what other things do you have penchant for?
Apart from acting, I am involved in charitable work; I have an NGO, so I am really involved in that too. That is what I have deep passion for.

Tell us a little the NGO?
Venessa Manyo Foundation is established in memory of my late sister. It engages in creating self-shelter for the less-privileged and providing empowerment for widows, giving education and health support as well. That’s what the NGO does.

What will be your parting words to your MBGN would-be successor and your fans out there?
My advice to my successor is ‘just take it one step at a time’, take it as it is. Wearing the crown doesn’t really matter, what matters is what you are wearing it for. You just need to impact on people’s lives while you are there, don’t forget that.

To Nigerians out there, to all those who love me and prayed for me, I say a big thank you. May God bless you all.

Source: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment